Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Tracking power use!

Forsyth MO. - Ever since I purchased a Sense power tracking device to replace my older TED unit, I've been on a crusade to save power each month. I track this effort, every month, by graphing the power I was using in kilowatt hours each day. Last year, in October, I averaged about 15 kWh's while this year, I was holding the line at 13 kWh's! But, was that power use going to hold up in 2019?

Looking at the temperatures in 2018, you can see that things took sort of a mini dive towards the end of October in 2018. Interestingly, while the 30 year average high and low was 70°F and 44°F respectively for October, I came in at a tad warmer at 70°F and 51°F. (That averaged out to 60°F which was about 3 degrees warmer than the normal of 57°F).  My best guess is that I will end up at about the same level which will translate into a $66 electric bill from Liberty Utilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment