Thursday, February 14, 2013

Heating forecast for February 2013!

Right now, as we’re approaching the middle of February and I think I have a handle on what we all can expect heating-wise for this second month of the year.

According to the records from the National Weather Service, we are running about a full degree behind last year (West Plains data). My electric use (heating for my home is all electric) for last year was 1,145 kWh. This year my trending is about the same. However, over the next 10 days, the temperature trend will drop some, by about another three degrees on average, so I’m expecting the overall heating cost to ratchet up a bit for that period. All told, I’m going to estimated slightly higher bills than what we had last season for the southwestern section of Missouri. Say, about 5% or so. I'll also assume that my graphic above is about as clear as mud!

No comments:

Post a Comment