Thursday, November 29, 2012

New Nest thermostat is up and running!




I received my nest on this posting date and had it up and running in about thirty minutes. Between the technical support and what they send you with the unit, I have to admit it was easier than I had thought!

After I got it to communicate with the internet, the unit downloaded an update and then went into a setup mode that was sort of spooky as it was able to analyze my heat pump to a T. I then went to my computer and accessed the unit online (it works in the cloud) and was also able to set it up on my droid phone so that I can control everything from where ever I happen to be.

Weekly schedules can be easily set up
I was very happy with the simple interface that quickly allowed me to set up a custom schedule that can be changed on a whim. Also, this unit has a learning mode whereby it can figure out your heating and cooling preferences. Pretty neat little package all told.

At some point in the future, I plan to do a post on how well I feel the Nest performs overall.

Update: Well, that point in the future has come! The NEST has turned out to be one of my better purchases. It's performance has been flawless and being able to set up a custom schedule has saved me money - a lot of it! I also like the ability to access it via my smart cell phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment